Green Neighbours Network of Toronto (GNN) is a network of independent community groups working together with a common goal: to help make Toronto a city of greener, more vibrant neighbourhoods and a leader in the worldwide urban movement against climate change.
The Network has two basic aims, both of equal importance:
To deepen the value and impact of Network membership by –
- sharing ideas, information and resources among member groups
- incubating and mentoring new groups
- helping our member groups develop the skills for effective civic engagement
To build a rich web of working alliances with advocacy groups in areas like environment, health, transit, housing and social justice wherever their aims may converge with our own. This entails –
- engaging in active outreach to such groups to build relationships and identify points of common interest
- working with these groups to launch joint campaigns with well-defined goals merging environmental, economic and social benefits.