A neighbourhood green group is a great way to have fun, make friends, get involved, contribute to your neighbourhood, share your knowledge & skills, learn from others – and create a greener, more sustainable community. A nicer place for everyone!
Wish there was one in your neighbourhood? Here’s how to start one in 5 steps …
- A great way to get started is to visit other green groups in the city to see what they are like, what they do, and how they do it. What would work for you in your neighbourhood? What would be similar? What different?
- Talk to your city councillor and find out what else is happening in your neighbourhood.
- Talk to your neighbours. Recruit a few like-minded people and host a get-together. Invite others to come and talk about the issues that concern them in community. Find out what activities they would be interested in doing in your neighbourhood to improve things.
- Can you find an achievable goal with enough eager volunteers to make it happen? If so, you are on your way to starting a new neighbourhood green group!
- Join us to find out more. We’re glad to help!